Bring letters and numbers to life with augmented reality!
Fine motor skills and play are imperative in kindergarten learning. That's why we've included AR playdough mats into our templates. If you don't have playdough you can use other tactile items or draw.
Get started with learning letters and numbers!
Use these ‘no preparation’ worksheets to combine the teaching of letters and numbers with simple use of new technology. Most importantly, these sheets encourage children to pick up a pen and write, before they pick up a tablet and animate the letters and numbers in augmented reality. Studies show that when numbers and letters are handwritten children show greater memory retention.
How do they work?
1. Trace / write / make letters and numbers on the worksheet
2. Hold the app over the page to watch the number animate in AR. Animations illustrate correct letter and number formation.
- Write and make Aa, Bb, Cc (26 pages)
- AR Numbers Write and Recognise 1-10 (20 pages)
AR Numbers make 1-10 (10 pages)
The file is a 57 A4 page pdf saved as a zip file. Download and save the zip file. Click on the saved zip file and choose ‘open with’ to open the pdf file on your computer.
We are building our resource library with regular new template releases.
Write and Make AR Bundle - Letters and numbers
A free lesson plan is available for use with this template. It includes:
- Learning objectives
- Preparation + materials
- Video demonstrations
- Prior knowledge
- Activity Plan (handwriting and animation in AR)
- Extension and discussion ideas
- Education standard specifications