These templates help children with handwriting upper and lower case letters.
Use these ‘no preparation’ worksheets to combine the teaching of letters with simple use of new technology. Most importantly, these sheets encourage children to pick up a pen and write, before they pick up a tablet. Studies show that when numbers and letters are handwritten children show greater memory retention.
How do they work?
1. Trace the letters on the worksheet
2. Hold the app over the page to watch the number animate in AR. Animations illustrate correct letter formation
3. Practise writing the letters
4. Draw or make something starting with the letter
The file is a 27 A4 page pdf saved as a zip file. Download and save the zip file. Click on the saved zip file and choose ‘open with’ to open the pdf file on your computer.
We are building our resource library with regular new template releases.
Write and make Aa, Bb, Cc
A free lesson plan is available for use with this template. It includes:
- Learning objectives
- Preparation + materials
- Video demonstrations
- Prior knowledge
- Activity Plan (handwriting and animation in AR)
- Extension and discussion ideas
- Education standard specifications