How do Story Pages work?
We prompt a story idea and children then draw their own ending. In the process they trace a CVC keyword from the story.
The templates are used in conjuction with the Narrator AR app. This app will take the keyword and animate each letter in augmented reality (AR). The app demonstrates correct letter formation while providing an enaging and rewarding learning experience.
(Note: the app will not animate a child's drawing.)
This activity is ideal for 3-6 year olds, home learning or in class.
About this activity
Each activity is one A4 page with
- A simple sentence including
- rhyming CVC words
- sight words
- high frequency words
- A keyword that can be traced and animated in AR via the Narrator AR app
- A creative writing prompt
Things to note
- The activity can be printed in colour or black/white
- 2 versions of spelling are provided where appropriate ( eg. color vs colour)
- Technology integration is optional and is only a portion of the activity
- Stories can be whimsical and personify everyday objects to inspire creativity
This download is 14 x A4 pages
Bundle l 14 Story Pages l CVC story prompts
A free lesson plan is available for use with this template. It includes:
- Learning objectives
- Preparation + materials
- Video demonstrations
- Prior knowledge
- Activity Plan (handwriting and animation in AR)
- Extension and discussion ideas
- Education standard specifications