Bring numbers to life with Augmented Reality!
Use these ‘no preparation’ worksheets to combine the teaching of basic maths concepts with simple use of new technology. Most importantly, these sheets encourage children to pick up a pen and write, before they pick up a tablet. Studies show that when numbers and letters are handwritten children show greater memory retention.
How do they work?
- Trace the number
- Hold the app over the page to watch the number animate in AR. Animations illustrate correct number formation.
- Create a story, in words or pictures that demonstrates an understanding of the number (and some creative thinking!)
The file is a 11 A4 page pdf saved as a zip file. Download and save the zip file. Click on the saved zip file and choose ‘open with’ to open the pdf file on your computer.
Have you seen the AR Number Bundle? It includes this file and more for 20% discount.
We are building our resource library with regular new template releases.
AR Number Stories 1-10
A free lesson plan is available for use with this template. It includes:
- Learning objectives
- Preparation + materials
- Video demonstrations
- Prior knowledge
- Activity Plan (handwriting and animation in AR)
- Extension and discussion ideas
- Education standard specifications